All individuals who work for a towing and/or booting service within the Town of Boone must receive an ID Badge from the Town of Boone, in accordance with Chapter § 73 of the Town Code. Please read below the following requirements set forth:
Chapter § 73.05 D
- No person may engage in booting until he or she has obtained an identification badge from the town. Identification badges shall be issued for a single calendar year and must be renewed annually. In order to obtain an identification badge from the town, the applicant must:
- Provide a certified copy of the applicant's criminal record in North Carolina from the Watauga County Clerk of Superior Court;
- Fully complete an application, on a form provided by the town, disclosing his or her name, address, telephone number, date of birth, gender, company affiliation, if any, physical location of affiliated company, and status as an employee or independent contractor of the company, by stating whether and by whom income taxes and FICA taxes are withheld from his or her pay; and
- Disclose and certify, under oath, any and all criminal convictions described at § 73.10 below. An identification badge may not be issued to a person who has been convicted as described at § 73.10.
Schedule for ID Badges
In order to receive an ID Badge, please contact Laney Pilkington at (828) 268-6200 or firstname.lastname@example.org in order to set up an appointment. Appointment times are as follows, and will last roughly 10 minutes:
- Monday: 8am-10am
- Tuesday: 8am-10am, 3pm-5pm
- Thursday: 8am-10am
- Friday: 1pm-5pm
If these times will not work, please contact Laney Pilkington to schedule a different time. Appointments are required for ID Badges.