The Finance Department's purpose is to provide a centralized source for handling the financial affairs of the Town including billing and collections of utility services, miscellaneous fees, purchasing of goods, services, and supplies, paying financial obligations, maintaining a financial record-keeping system, providing periodic preparation and distribution of financial statements, protecting municipal assets, utilizing investments for the Town's idle funds, and providing payroll services.
Due to health concerns associated with the coronavirus (COVID-19) and efforts to limit possible transmission, the Finance Department and Utility Billing/Collections offices are temporarily closed to the public. Though the Department is closed to customers, the Department remains in operation.
- Application forms may be accessed online or you may call 828-268-6220 for Utility Billing/Collections or 828-268-6210 for Finance Department. There will be messages on these lines with further contact information.
- For security purposes, all payments should be mailed in or dropped off at the secure drop-of box on the side of Town Hall (567 West King Street). This drop-off box is located at the side of the building near the front. Please be sure to mark all payments with your account number or the name on the Utility account. You may also utilize online bill pay or bank draft.
All required forms for Finance or Utility Billing are located here. Please either mail or fax these forms. If you'd like to submit these forms in-person, please visit Town Hall at 567 West King Street located in Downtown Boone.
- Application for Utility Meter Deposit Waiver (PDF)
- Application to Request Water and Sewer Service (PDF)
- Authorization to Initialize Bank Draft for Utility Payment (PDF)
- Quick Reference Guide for Purchasing (PDF)
- Retail Short Term Lease or Rental Heavy Equipment Tax Remittance Form (PDF)
- Room Occupancy Tax Remittance Form (PDF)