Community Resource Officer
Officer Kat Eller is the Town of Boone's official Community Resource Officer. Officer Eller's primary goal is to be available and act as the liaison between the Boone Police Department and the Town of Boone community.
In her current role of Community Resource Officer (CRO), she acts as the liaison between the Boone Police Department and the community we serve. Additionally, Officer Eller:
- Assists with community relations, public education, crime prevention, neighborhoods and other area specific problem solving
- Helps with coordination of other Town services to promote a professional response to the citizens of Boone
- Acts as a liaison with clubs and associations within Appalachian State University, the local schools, places of worship and other groups
- Develops and participates in community events
- Conducts crime prevention functions such as security reviews and tips to home and business owners
- Manages alarm ordinance
If you are a member of the Boone community and need additional assistance or guidance from the Boone Police Department, please don't hesitate to Contact Kat Eller. As always, if it is an emergency, please call or text 911.
Are you hosting an event in the Town of Boone limits? Whether it's a family reunion or a party for friends, we know that sometimes it's hard to regulate noise levels. Here in the Town of Boone, we want you to have fun while also staying within the Town's ordinances, and above all else we want you to stay safe. That's why the Boone Police Department has an Online Event Registration Form.
Registration of your event will result in a courtesy phone call being made to the primary or secondary contact person if a complaint is received alleging a noise violation. If the responsible parties believe they can resolve the situation, police officers will not respond. Officers will respond if the responsible party requests assistance. If a second complaint is received alleging a noise violation, officers will respond. This procedure only applies to noise violations and does not relieve the responsible party/parties from the requirements of the Town of Boone Noise Ordinance and applies to residential locations within the Town of Boone.